Attorney Lorick is one of the managing partners and part-owner of McAdoo and Lorick, Attorneys at Law. Attorney Lorick handles the family law cases in the firm as well as real estate closings, and estate planning matters.
Attorney Lorick's practice area of expertise is family law. Ironically, she did not always know that she wanted to be an attorney. She began her career as a social worker because she knew that she wanted to make a positive change in the world. As time progressed, she realized that the best way to change the world was to help children and families. Although she enjoyed her prior career, she felt that there was something else for her. She desired to make a larger impact in the lives of children and families. She knew that as an attorney she could continue to be an advocate for children and families by providing legal representation to family law clients.
Prior to opening her own practice, she obtained litigation experience through taking on clients in the North Carolina Central University School of Law Clinical Legal Education Program's Family Law Clinic. Fatina enjoys being in the courtroom, and she has a true passion for trial advocacy.
Attorney Lorick enjoys giving back to her community through volunteering with various organizations and boards. Attorney Lorick is currently a member of Mecklenburg County Bar Association Continuing Legal Education Committee where she plans and coordinates educational programs for her colleagues. She is also a Commissioner with Inlivian, Mecklenburg County's housing authority board. Attorney Lorick is passionate about bettering her community.
Areas of Practice:
Real Estate Law
JD from North Carolina Central University School of Law
M.A. in Social Work from the University of North Carolina – Chapel Hill
B.A. in Social Work from Winthrop University
Awards and Recognitions:
- The National Black Lawyers Top 40 under 40 (2022)
- National Academy of Family Law Attorneys Top 10 under 40 (2019-2020)
- American Institute of Family Law Attorneys 10 Best Attorneys (2021)
- Expertise.com Best Divorce Lawyers in Charlotte (2021-2022)
- North Carolina Bar Association
- South Carolina Bar Association
- Mecklenburg County Bar Association
- York County Bar Association
- Leary Black Bar Association
- South Carolina Black Bar Association
- Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc., Omega Tau Omega Chapter